This statement relates to Fitzwilton Hotel, operated by Windward Management, privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information, which you volunteer to Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management collects various personal and technical information about you on this website.
- Personal information: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for our newsletter or make a purchase, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests traveling with you, your preferences for your stay or other relevant data.
- Sensitive information: The term “sensitive information” called in GDPR “special categories of personal data”, refers to information related to your physical or mental health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, your sexual life, genetic data, biometric data (if used to identify an individual) or trade union membership.
In general, we do not collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health information provided by you to meet your particular needs during your stay. For example such as any mobility restrictions or specific meal preferences.
- Technical information: When you visit our website, we may also collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and click stream data which shows the traffic of your visit around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded). We also collect the previous website address from which you reached us and the domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net) If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Why Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management collects your data?
- Bookings: We use your personal information to administer your online booking.
- Guest reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review after your stay.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us, we will send a booking confirmation by email. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- If you have provided us with your email address at some point over the past 12 months we might use this email address to target you with specific offers on facebook or other social media sites that allow retargeting services
- Based on the information you share with us, offers may be shown to you on third-party websites.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post or by phone depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this, for example, we may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- Market research: We may ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our services.
How does Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management use guest reviews you share with us?
After your stay with us you may be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the property, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you don’t want your name to show with your review, you can be displayed anonymously. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, our websites, in our social media accounts; to inform other travellers about the quality and services of the hotel.
Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management uses a range of third parties to provide services – either directly or indirectly. Where relevant, these companies are required to comply with our data privacy and information security standards when handling Personal data and we aim that they do not compromise your Personal data and information. We may share your Personal data and information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. Such disclosure may include cross-border transfer of Personal data and information. If legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited.
We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Additionally, all our cookie data is encrypted to prevent third parties from accessing the information they contain.
The technical information will be used by Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management takes security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness and we review these measures regularly.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
1. The right of access to your personal data
If you have given your personal data and information to us, you have the right to ask us to advise you of the scope of information we process about you, the purpose and nature of the processing, and information on who we share it with.
You can do the above by emailing the completed form to email@example.com Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email.
2. The right to rectification
You can also request to update, correct your personal information. We strive to retain only data that is accurate, complete and up to date.
Please contact us to ensure that the personal information we retain is up to date.
You can do that by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “Request personal information update” in the subject line of your email.
3. The right to deletion
You can also request to delete your personal data at any time. However, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities. You can opt out of marketing contact upon request. If you are concerned about potential violation of your privacy rights, please advise us of your concerns and we will strive to resolve them as soon as practically possible. You can do the above by emailing email@example.com . Please write “Request personal information deletion” in the subject line of your email.
4. The right to object processing
You have the right to object to processing your data under our business for our legitimate interests.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are can withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law.
You can do the above by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The right to data portability
You have the right to data portability which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. This right applies where your personal information is being processed based on consent or for a performance of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means (excluding paper files).
The right also permits the transfer of data directly to another provider where technically feasible. Therefore, depending on the technology involved, we may not be able to receive personal data transferred to us and we will not be responsible for the accuracy of same.
You can do the above by emailing email@example.com
6. You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission or another supervisory authority here
ACCURATE COMPLETE AND UP TO DATE
Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management strives to retain only data that is accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact us to ensure that the personal information we retain is up to date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “Request personal information update” in the subject line of your email.
All customer complaints are promptly escalated to the relevant manager. Fitzwilton Hotel and Windward Management deals with all complaints fairly and promptly and all issues are resolved as quickly as possible. Where any customer is dissatisfied with the outcome of our efforts to resolve their complaint, the matter will be raised with senior management. Where any customer remains dissatisfied, they are notified of their rights to refer their complaint to the relevant Ombudsman.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your device by a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) that hold information about your previous visits to our site. On returning to our site this stored information is fed back to us allowing us to offer you a more personal browsing experience. By using our site you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. For more information on cookies, visit www.ico.org.uk or www.dataprotection.ie
Why are we telling you this?
EU law requires website operators to ask for permission before using certain kinds of cookies. To ensure you are completely aware of the types of cookies we use and to enable us to continue to bring you the best possible browsing experience, we are giving you a detailed outline of the cookies we use and their unique role in your browsing experience.
What cookies we use
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These technical cookies enable you to navigate our site and gain full access to its features and secure areas. Without these cookies essential services, you have asked for, cannot be provided.
Functionality cookies – These cookies remember choices you made on previous visits to our site such as your username, language or region so we can provide enhanced, more personal features. They can also be used to remember changes you’ve made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages you can customise. Functionality cookies can also be used to provide services you have previously asked for such as watching videos or commenting on a blog. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other sites.
Performance cookies (Google analytics cookies) – These cookies remember information about how you and other customers use our website. This gives us vital information such as which pages are visited most often and if customers are receiving error messages from certain pages. The role of these cookies is to allow us to analyse and improve the performance of our website ensuring you receive a consistent look, feel and shopping experience. Performance cookies don’t collect any information that identifies the customer and all information collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies are used to show you Partner Hotel advertisements on other websites. This is called ‘retargeting’ and these cookies remember that you have visited our website and the information is shared with other organisations such as third-party advertisers. Third-party advertisers, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve advertisements based on someone’s past visits to our Website. When one of these adverts is presented to you on a site there will be a quick and easy way to click in and opt out of receiving further adverts.
Our Cookie Details
|__utma||for google analytics tracking||third party||2 years|
|__utmb||for google analytics tracking||third party||30 minutes|
|__utmc||for google analytics tracking||third party||expires at the end of the session|
|__utmz||for google analytics tracking||third party||6 months|
|Other Performance cookies|
|crm||to provide counts of new and repeat visits||first party||expires in two weeks|
|_qsst||For Qubit analytics tracking||third party||expires at the end of the session|
|_qst||For Qubit analytics tracking||third party||1 year|
|_qubitTracker||For Qubit analytics tracking||third party||1 year|
|_qubitTracker_s||For Qubit analytics tracking||third party||expires at the end of the session|
|CSSID||to hold the session_id for this transaction||first party||expires at the end of the session|
|_qPageNum_fe_avvio||to track the latest page in the booking process||first party||expires at the end of the session|
Can I disable cookies from your website?
It is possible to stop your browser accepting cookies from particular websites. However, disabling cookies from our site will mean you lose a lot of functionality, which will have a detrimental impact on your browsing experience and mean that you only have limited access to personalised areas of the site.
How to block or delete cookies
We have explained to you what cookies are and what they do, you can delete or disable cookies if you want to and the links below will explain how to do this. It is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some of the functionality of the website by blocking strictly necessary cookies that are outlined above.
If you wish to restrict or block the web browser cookies set on your device, you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser explains how to change these settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer – How to delete cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
Google Chrome – How to delete cookies in Google Chrome
Firefox – How to delete cookies in Firefox
Safari – How to delete cookies in Safari
You can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to manage cookies on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
GLOSSARY OF TECHNICAL TERMS USED:
- Web browser; the piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Opera.
- IP address; the identifying details for your computer (or your internet company’s computer), expressed in “internet protocol” code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE
The information we collect from your computer is utilised in service and security improvement, to transmit messages to your computer or to generate e-mail marketing. You may opt-out of e-mail marketing at any time by clicking the relevant link in the e-mail message or contacting the marketing department at email@example.com