Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there parking at the Fitzwilton Hotel?
Yes there is limited free parking which is available on a first come first served basis.
2. How do I get to the Fitzwilton Hotel?
From the M9 – take the first exit at the roundabout at the end of the M9. Take second exit at next roundabout. At the following roundabout take the second exit onto the R448. Take up the inside lane, at the roundabout take the second exit so you will go across the bridge. At the traffic lights go straight onto Bridge St. You will see the hotel in front of you, take the first right and the carpark entrance is on the left.
From the N25 (eastbound) – after going through the toll bridge take the first exit/slip road. At the roundabout take the third exit. At the following roundabout take the second exit onto the R448. Take up the inside lane, at the roundabout take the second exit so you will go across the bridge. At the traffic lights go straight onto Bridge St. You will see the Fitzwilton Hotel in front of you on the right, take the first right and the carpark entrance is on the left.
3. Where is the closest car park to the Fitzwilton Hotel?
The closest alternative parking is located on the quays just a minute walk from the hotel which is €4.40 overnight or in the Aldi multi-storey carpark just a 2 minute walk away further up Bridge Street.
4. Do you have a spa?
No we do not have a spa.
5. Do you have gym / leisure?
No we do not have a gym or leisure centre.
6. How come google shows you have a leisure centre?
Our website does not show we have a leisure centre. I do not know where google found this information. You are best advised to look at www.FitzwiltonHotel.ie for all details.
7. How far is the Fitzwilton Hotel from the train station?
The train station is a 2-3 minute walk approximately 300m right across the bridge.
8. How far is the Fitzwilton Hotel from the bus station?
The main bus station in Waterford is approximately a 3-4 minute walk from the Fitzwilton Hotel. It is located on the quay about 500m from the Fitzwilton Hotel.
9. Is there a pharmacy close by?
The closest pharmacy / chemist is 5 a minute walk in either the town centre or in Ballybricken however Aldi is a 2 minute walk away and they sell toiletries.
10. What time is check in?
Check in is at 3pm
11. What time is last check out?
Last check out is at 12 noon.
12. Are you open Christmas Day?
No, the Fitzwilton Hotel is not open Christmas Day or St Stephen’s Day.
13. Is there music in the bar?
Not on a regular basis.
14. What time is food served until?
Food is served in the Met Bar Café from 12noon to 9.30pm 7 days a week.
15. Is the restaurant at the Fitzwilton Hotel open?
The menu is available every night from 6pm to 9.30pm
16. What’s the best room category at the Fitzwilton Hotel?
All our rooms are standard, we have a mix of family, double and twin rooms.
17. What type of food is served at The Fitzwilton Hotel?
The Met Bar Café serves casual food all day from 12noon to 9.30pm
Restaurant Chez K’s serves an ala carte menu with a wine & dine option available
18. Are there conference facilities at Fitzwilton Hotel?
We can arrange meeting rooms from 2- 100 people.
19. How many bedrooms does the Fitzwilton Hotel have?
There are 90 bedrooms including one penthouse suite
20. What time is breakfast served until?
Monday to Friday breakfast is served from 7am to 10am.
On Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays breakfast is served from 8am to 10.30am
21. What time is breakfast served in the room?
Monday to Friday 7am to 10am and Saturday and Sunday 8am to 10.30am
22.How far is the Fitzwilton Hotel to the city centre?
The Fitzwilton Hotel is located in the city centre however it’s approximately a 5 minute stroll to the main shopping area.
23. Where is the Viking Triangle?
The Viking Triangle is approximately a 10 minute walk from the hotel just past City Square Shopping Centre.
24. How far is Waterford Crystal from the Fitzwilton Hotel?
Waterford Crystal is a 10 minute stroll down along the quay to the Fitzwilton Hotel.
25. What is the closest golf course to the Fitzwilton Hotel?
The closest golf course is Waterford Golf Club which is a 5 minute drive.
26. Do you have family rooms?
Yes there are family rooms at the Fitzwilton Hotel and we also have interconnecting rooms
27. Do you have wheelchair accessible rooms?
Yes we have wheelchair accessible rooms, please call us on 051-846900
28. What is the telephone number of the Fitzwilton Hotel
The telephone number is +353-51-846900 or 051846900
29. Is smoking permitted in the rooms?
No smoking in the rooms is not permitted as we have a no smoking policy in all rooms.
30. Is there a cancellation policy?
All rooms booked directly with the hotel either on the phone or on our website can be cancelled free of charge 24 hours before arrival unless your rate is a special offer which maybe non-refundable. Contact us on 051-846900.
31. Do you allow pets in the Fitzwilton Hotel?
We allow guide dogs and service dogs in the hotel but not pets in general